Tuesday, September 21, 2010

TCEA LEGO Robotics Training

Day 1 of the three day workshop was very informative and interesting.  We each received our LEGO Education kit and laptop.  Each of us had to organize our kits, build our first robot (DomaBot) and begin to play in the LabVIEW environment.  We learned and saved several basic drive programs.  Drive forward, drive backward, point turn, swingturn and loops were the main topics.  

The workshop was very well organized and run by the three presenters:  Betty Justus, Peggy Reimers and Kathy Holberg.  Each of them demonstrated and worked with all of the teachers.  We each were given two task at the end of the day: work on "The Square" contest and our air conditioner interface drawing.  

The software did not seem as daunting as I had believed it would be.  The fact that I have used Mindstorms definitely helped me in utilizing the software.  I am looking forward to Day two. 

Posted via email from Reflexions

No comments:

Artistic Representation of my life.

Artistic Representation of my life.
From: coachnorm, 14 minutes ago



My artistic representation for Educational Environments Grad School class at Texas State University

SlideShare Link