Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My PLN grows! Interview with CEO and Founder of InspirTech on Solidworks Video Training, #sollidworks

I visited with Al Whatmough earlier this year about his SolidWorks training videos. His samples are very easy to follow and very informative. It is definitely a resource you should look into if you are interested in SolidWorks use. The DVD has 8 hours of instruction on SolidWorks. Al states "the need for quality training will never go away." I tend to agree with All here but where do we go to get this training? In the past, you were lucky if you have someone in your school you could learn from. In my case, I am the first to begin to use SolidWorks in my school. So where do you find the resources you need to learn: Your Personal Learning Network. Mine started within my campus with @Technolibrary and @Mradkins as they are know on Twitter. They both had a profound influence on me as a teacher as well as a teacher but more importantly on me in terms of professional learning and sharing. But again, where do you find the expertise or mentor you need? Students or our children learn from each other all the time whether it be in person or interactively over some connection they have made. I found Al through a search on Google along with many other resources concerning SolidWorks including blogs, podcasts, videos as well as learning and teaching resources.

Do you have a sage or mentor in your hallway or even your schooL? Do you have access to someone who can teach you? I challenge you to reach out and find the mentor you need. They only as far away as a search on the internet. Twitter, Edubloggercon, Diigo, Google are just a few tools you can use to find your mentor or a group of like minded learners such as yourself. Stick you neck and give it a try.

Posted via web from Reflexions

No comments:

Artistic Representation of my life.

Artistic Representation of my life.
From: coachnorm, 14 minutes ago



My artistic representation for Educational Environments Grad School class at Texas State University

SlideShare Link