Saturday, October 9, 2010

Total Recall - Day 28 and another Surprise visit from a Superintendent

Today was not an after school work day but progress was made on the robot design as well as the BEST notebook and display. 

David worked on the servo mounts only to realize that if we mount them to the deck, they will be to low to attach to the MRT.  We also cannot mount them on the bucket door end because we could not grab the MRT on the narrow side.  Discussion then moved to mounting them on the grabber standoffs.  The servos will be mounted in the plywood standoffs with the hooks on the outside of each standoff.  

During the Robotics II periods, we continued to work on same pieces that were not quite completed on Thursday night.  Walker and Grant worked on the Data port reader.  They trimmed the fingers some more and cut excess off the ends of the finger board.  They also began work on attaching the two pieces of the data port reader.

Work began on laying out the cut out patterns on the new size wheels. The wheel blanks were cut out. Grey came in after school to complete the marking of one of the wheel patterns. He got the 3" pattern cutout very easily.  When he was cutting out the 1 1/2" pattern, the blank split on one side.  He tried another hole by drilling half way thru and then turning the blank over.  This was successful.  Grey decided he would complete the blanks on Saturday morning. 

During the football game on Friday night, I received a call from Linda Rawlings.  At first, I was very concerned about her calling me at the game.  I answered and she asked if I could met her at the shop in a few minutes.  My mind was racing with thoughts about what was wrong with the shop or what complaint she had received.  She said she had visitors from New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois.  I went to the shop to meet with Linda, Ellen Balthazar and the visitors.  I game them the same documents the visitors received on Thursday.  It was very interesting to me that the visitors from Thursday and Friday questioned the size of the shop and the facilities.  

Posted via email from Reflexions

No comments:

Artistic Representation of my life.

Artistic Representation of my life.
From: coachnorm, 14 minutes ago



My artistic representation for Educational Environments Grad School class at Texas State University

SlideShare Link